Gadi Evron's bio
Chairing PC Magazine's
Gadi Evron is recognized for his work and leadership in Internet security operations and is arguably the world's top expert on botnets. He is also considered an expert on corporate security, counterespionage, and cybercrime (e-fraud and phishing). Previously, he was CISO at the Israeli government ISP (eGovernment project) and founded the Israeli Government CERT. He organizes and chairs worldwide conferences, vetted working groups and task forces. He authored two books on information security and is a frequent lecturer.
"You don't need your firewalls! Gadi is Israel's firewall."
- I was the first in the security industry to raise awareness of various threats, such as botnets, fastflux and DNS Amplification Attacks.
- In 2004 I chaired the world's first task force for fighting phishing and online scams
- Following the incident, I wrote the official post-mortem analysis and recommendations on the 2007 attacks against Estonia ("First Internet War")
- During the emergencies of Hurricanes Katrina and Rita I coordinated the online response to scams taking advantage of victims, together with SANS ISC and US-CERT (DHS)
- On various occasions I facilitated global incident response for internet infrastructure incidents and cyber crime attacks
- I organize global security coordination between registrars, ISPs, law enforcement, security researchers, academics and policy makers
Blogging and professional content